Interested in service and social impact internships?
LENS makes it easy for you to find summer service and social impact internships, their application processes and internship funding.
Explore service and social impact summer internship opportunities offered by Princeton, or learn how you can secure funding from Princeton for an unpaid or low-paid internship you secure that meets the program criteria.
Create a list of internship and funding opportunities that appeal to you and take note of why they do.
Meet with an adviser
Campus Life has resources to support you in exploring these options and developing learning goals for your internships.
Career advisers from the Center for Career Development are available to meet with you to help you:
- Reflect on your interests and goals
- Identify internships and funding through LENS (including Career Development funding), Princeton programs, and external organizations
- Navigate the application processes, including putting together materials and preparing for interviews
Internship advisers from the Pace Center for Civic Engagement are available to speak with you about:
- Summer service internships open to you both through the Pace Center and through other offices on campus
- How to prepare to engage in a responsible and equitable way
- Ways to connect your service internship to additional opportunities
Develop your plan
Now that you have a better understanding of your interests, identify the steps you need to take in order to apply for the opportunities that you plan to pursue. Be sure to take note of the deadlines and application requirements.
Prepare materials & apply
Create and update the required application materials. Be sure to follow the instructions on individual programs' websites to apply. For assistance with your application materials, refer to guides to help you prepare resumes, cover letters and more.